Thursday 29 November 2007

Yesterday's Post is Tomorrow's Mail, Why not Today's?

Just when you thought that beauracracy was at it's highest and you remember signing on the mortgage review that you agreed to the bank to source and use a contractor for the survey of the property ... you receive a letter at home on Tuesday night addressed to you from the convayers asking for your declaration in writing that you will not want any other information from them and acknowledge that should I want more information that it will cost additional sums of money (like everything else in this world). I then receive a phone call from this same company asking why they haven't received my return reply and advising me that they cannot release the report until they have received my signature. ARGGGGHHHH I then explained the difficulty of being able to return a letter that I never received let alone having time to sign it and send it back and although Royal Mail is pretty efficient in the world of postage ... come off it!
I tried to fax them this evening, fax machine not working - so I scanned it and sent the PDF to the woman I spoke to on the phone. I have to say that I don't have the greatest of confidence as this woman checked the number I faxed the letter through to, she told me that I had the wrong number. I then informed her that I faxed to the number as outlined on the header of her letter. She then read out the apparent fax number. I informed her that the number she just gave me was the number i just dialed to speak to her... Oh dear ... let's see if the email arrives tomorrow. ~EEEK.

1 comment:

Frog said...

I regulaly read the progress of your steps. It seems to be a real "parcours du combattant", an obstacle course. But I am optimistic and think it will be better soon. Xo